Let's now take a look at the Second Quest's overworld map, taken from http://www.nesmaps.com
|Right-click the image to view its original, full size.|
- The Letter E - The island in the center of the map, where The Eagle was in the First Quest
- The Letter A - Under an Armos statue two screens left of The Letter E
- The Letter L - Under a lake in the east forest, where The Moon was in the First Quest
- The Letter D - Under a rock in the Lost Hills, north of the desert
- The Letter Z - The island left of The Letter E, where The Snake was in the First Quest
- The Junk Data - Under a grave in the west graveyard
- The Inner Spiral - Under a tree in the east forest, three screens south of The Letter L
- The Outer Spiral - Behind the rock wall along the north river, two screens left of The Letter D
- Ganon's Skull - Behind the rock wall in the top left corner of the map
- To access The Letter L, we need to use the Whistle to dry up the lake and create the dungeon entrance.
- To access The Letter D, we need to use the Power Bracelet to push the rock.
- To access The Letter Z, we need to use the Raft to reach the island.
- To access The Junk Data, we need to use the Whistle to turn the grave into the dungeon entrance.
- To access The Inner Spiral, we need to use a Candle to burn the tree.
- To access The Outer Spiral, we need to use a Bomb to blow up the wall, and the Ladder to reach the wall across the river.
- To access Ganon's Skull, we need to use a Bomb to blow up the wall.
So we can already see that this quest is a lot more linear than the first one. As before, the Screen Wrap glitch won't help us here because we still cannot Screen Wrap onto the island with The Letter Z, Screen Wrapping is useless for trying to get to The Letter L or The Junk Data since those dungeon entrances don't exist until you play the Whistle, and there's no way to move down from the screen with The Outer Spiral to Screen Wrap into it without the Ladder.
- From the start -> The Letter E, The Letter A
- After The Letter A -> The Letter L, The Letter D
- After The Letter D -> The Letter Z
- After The Letter Z -> The Junk Data
- After The Junk Data -> The Inner Spiral, The Outer Spiral
- Last -> Ganon's Skull
- Even though it wasn't required, we could collect the Map and Compass from every dungeon without changing the dungeon order. Only the following changes would be necessary:
- We'd use one extra Key in The Snake, The Lizard, and The Letter E (though we'd still have enough Keys to complete each of those dungeons individually).
- We'd need to defeat an extra Manhandla in The Lion.
- We'd use two extra Keys in The Letter A, or one extra Key and Bombs (though defeating an optional Manhandla in the dungeon would replace that extra Key).
- If we wanted to, we could purchase both Bomb upgrades in each quest. The only change is that it would require an extra Key in The Lizard (which would immediately replace itself in the next room) and an extra Key in The Demon (which we could use and still have enough Keys to complete the dungeon).